If you use Xero, you can connect it to Clerk Invoices to enable the following features:
- See all your Xero customers in Clerk. In Clerk, customers are called clients. You could work with them like with regular Clerk clients — create invoices and invoice templates, see reports etc. Renaming and deleting for Xero clients will be disabled. They will have a small Xero badge. Xero clients are updated in Clerk in real-time when you change them in Xero.
- Sync all invoices from Clerk to Xero. Clerk Invoices supports automatic and manual sync. With automatic sync, every created or updated invoice will be automatically created or updated in connected Xero organization. If you enable manual sync mode, you could manually sync any invoice using the Export menu of a specific invoice. Sync works for invoices that belong to Xero clients only. At the current version, this is a one-way sync from Clerk Invoices to Xero. Clerk Invoices uses automatic sync mode by default.
Enabling Xero Integration
Enabling Xero integration requires just a few clicks! Go to Settings ▸ Integrations, click Connect Xero button and follow the onscreen instructions.
Every exported invoice in Xero will have a link to the corresponding invoice in Clerk in the invoice footer.
Setting Xero Products and Services for Invoice Items
In Xero, every invoice item may be connected to product or service that you pick from a list. To set a Xero product or service for invoice item in Clerk, just put its item code at the beginning of item description in square brackets. The code should be written exactly as it is written in Xero. Clerk will automatically search for the corresponding Xero product or service by its item code and set it for each invoice item. If corresponding product or service is found in Xero, its code in square brackets will be removed from the invoice item description. If the product or service could not be found, the invoice item will not have any product or service attached to that invoice item in Xero.
You can use non-trackable products and services only.
Let’s look at the example. We have the following products and services in Xero with the following item codes:
And we have created the following invoice in Clerk and put Development Hours and Design Hours item codes in square brackets inside invoice item descriptions:
Invoice items in Xero will have corresponding services connected to first 2 invoice items:
Setting Xero Accounts for Invoice Items
Every invoice item in Xero should be connected to Xero account. Clerk will automatically connect every invoice item with Xero account using the following logic in the following order:
- Use the default sales account from the product or service connected to the invoice item. That happens only if we have product or services connected to the invoice item and that product or service has a default sales account set in its settings.
- Use the default sales account from invoice client. That happens only if the invoice client has a default sales account set in its settings.
- Use Sales account that is created in Xero by default. We try to find it by name. That happens only if default Sales account was not deleted, renamed or archived.
- Use the first account from the Revenue accounts list in Xero.
Applying Taxes for Invoice Items
Taxes in Xero work in a different way compared to Clerk. So taxes are not exported from Clerk invoice. Instead, they are applied automatically based on the following logic in the following order:
- Use the default sales tax from the product or service connected to the invoice item. That happens only if we have product or services connected to the invoice item and that product or service has a default sales tax set in its settings.
- Use the default sales tax from invoice client. That happens only if the invoice client has a default sales tax set in its settings.
- Use sales tax from invoice item account.
Applying Discounts for Invoice Items
Discounts that you set in Clerk Invoices are exported to Xero. You can enable or disable discount to any invoice item individually.
At the export, the discount from Clerk is rounded to hundredths of a percent — that is a Xero discount limitation. For example, the discount of 18.555% will become 18.56% in exported Xero invoice.
The exported invoice currency is set using the following logic in the following order
- If Clerk invoice currency is present in the list of organization currencies in Xero, it will be applied to the exported invoice.
- Otherwise, if the default client currency is present, it will be applied to the exported invoice.
- Otherwise, the main organization currency will be applied.
Automatic and Manual Sync Modes
By default, Clerk Invoices automatically syncs all created or updated invoices with Xero. Sync works for invoices that belong to Xero clients only. To enable manual sync (that is available via the Export menu of a specific invoice), please go to Settings ▸ Integrations and uncheck “Export invoices automatically”:
Disabling Xero Integration
To disable Xero integration, open Clerk Invoices app in your Jira instance, go to Settings ▸ Integrations and click the red cross icon to disconnect Xero:
We would be happy to hear your feedback about Xero integration. Please let us know if something is missing!